Tuesday 2 February 2010

Tuesday 2 February 2o1o

Today is the 20th Anniversary of the unbanning of the ANC and all other opposition political parties by then Present FW DeKlerk. What a great time to be in South Africa. Nine days from 2 February 199o on 11 February 199o, Nelson Mandela walked out of prison in Cape Town freely, the first time in over 27 years. That anniversary will also be a cause for celebration & reflection. On the news, there has been retrospection and appraisals of what has been accomplished & what needs to be further done.

I am off to the Market Theatre to meet with two of the four actors as well as with Vice. I want to give him a DVD of the videos & audio recordings of the interviews. Two of the actors participating in this script development phrase have worked with me before at the reading in March 2oo9 at the Richmond Theatre in London. I am looking forward to working with them again as well as meeting two new actors. I hope also to meet with Matjamela at the Lab Theatre today to re-introduce myself and make plans for the next three weeks.