Saturday 29 November 2008

Back in London....

Well, it has been a mad couple of days since our return. I still havent gotten my head around 'real life' though it has been wonderful to see Aida again. Next time, she has to come with me to Africa..... Let's see.

I have returned to 100s of emails, most of them either out of date or spam or not for me, so it has been fairly easy to get through them. And I am back teaching at St. Mary's, which has been great. The other part of my life. I hadnt really thought too much about teaching over the last few weeks, so it was good to get back into the theatres.

David & I parted ways in the airport - he off to East London & me off to West London. I must say how easy of a traveler he is and how stress-free of a trip we had. Neither of us had any idea of what we were getting ourselves into and I think that we accomplished a good amount and I think that we did 90 percent of everything that we set out to do.

I was disappointed that we couldnt speak to more of the Comrades due to scheduling conflicts or being out of town. But I hope with the success of this trip, we can try again - via post, email or having Masie interview them in South Africa. There were two men who we 'discovered' when we went to visit Sonny, they were not on the original document as signatorees. So that is exciting.

After a few days off, David & I will reconvene to go through all that we have learned over the last 6 weeks. I am really looking forward to finishing up the transcripts and beginning to artistically put something together.